CaSE has published its February 2013 e-bulletin, giving a summary of all CaSE’s activities over the last month. These include:
- CaSE is looking for a strategic, articulate, and highly motivated individual who is passionate about science and engineering to lead the organisation. To Apply: See here for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
- CaSE has written to the Immigration Minister raising concerns over the proposed ‘sunset clause’ – the automatic removal of any occupation from the Shortage Occupation List (SOL).
- In a recent speech the Universities and Science Minister assigned just over £460m of the £600m allocated to science in the Autumn Statement to the ‘eight great technologies’ the Chancellor outlined in his speech at the Royal Society last year.
- The latest issue of CaSE News has now been published. As well as a round-up of CaSE’s ongoing work, CaSE News 72 includes analysis of the Autumn Statement by the Chancellor, the new Liberal Democrat science policy, and a special feature on the ’4Growth’ campaign.
- hanges to the Labour front bench have seen the former Shadow Science Minister Chi Onwurah MP move to the Cabinet Office team. Shabana Mahmood MP has become the new Shadow Universities and Science Minister, with Iain Wright MP also handling part of the science portfolio as the Shadow Competitiveness and Enterprise Minister.
- We welcome six new members of our Board of Trustees. Along with the new director, they will be responsible for overseeing CaSE’s work and setting our strategy over the coming years.
You can sign up for our monthly e-bulletin here.