From the team behind Science Question Time, we bring you the nerdiest quiz of the year. Think you know your biochemistry from your badgers, and neutrinos from your nuclei? Or just want to relive your old sciencey school daze? Then grab some friends, come down to the Book Club, and show us what you’re made of.
We’ll be dredging up the year’s breakthroughs and blunders in science – taking in its highs and lows in the media, as well as use and abuse in politics. Special guests include:
- Aleks Krotoski, host of the Guardian’s Tech Weekly podcast (Technology round)
- Pallab Ghosh, the BBC’s Science Correspondent (Politics)
- Alex Bellos, author of “Alex’s Adventures in Numberland / Here’s Looking at Euclid” (Maths)
- Adam Rutherford, presenter of the BBC’s “The Gene Code” and “The Cell” (Science Fiction)
- Louise Crane, co-organiser of “Science Showoff” (Picture rounds)
There’ll be prizes for the geekiest costumes, nerdiest names, and brainiest teams – and, if you’re lucky, some very special guest appearances…
Entry is just £4, and teams can be up to 6 people. Any profits will go directly to support CaSE’s science & engineering advocacy.